Darien Recycling & Refuse Center Permit Fee Schedule:
- Residents without garbage collection: permit fee is $120.00, this entitles resident to two (2) permits, third permit is $40.00 (permits may be purchased on-line for existing customers only).
- Residents with garbage collection: permit fee $40.00, this entitles resident to two (2) permits, third permit is $40.00(permits may be purchased on-line for existing customers only).
- All seniors 65 and over (proof of age along with vehicle registration needed) are entitled to one (1) free permit per household, additional permits are $40.00 each (online purchase is not available).
- Seniors may receive one (1) free Recycling & Refuse Center Permit by mail. Download application.
- All residents in the Town Abatement Program ( must be pre-qualified with Tax Assessor’s Office) are entitled to one (1) free permit per household additional permits are $40.00 each (online purchase is not available).
There is maximum of three (3) permits allowed per household. Any lost replacement permits are $40.00 each. Permits are not pro-rated.
Commercial Dump Permits are valid from January 1st to December 31st of each year, the cost is $150.00 per year, permits are not pro-rated. To apply for a Commercial Dump Permit by mail you need to download and print the application, complete the form, include a check for the permit amount, and include a self addressed stamped envelope.
Download the Commercial Dump Permit Application.
Recycling Center Permits must be affixed to the drivers side windshield to gain access into the Darien Recycling & Refuse Center or the Darien Swap Shop.
To receive a permit by mail or in person, please have the following documentation available:
- Copy of the vehicle(s) registration.
- Proof of residency (drivers license) if vehicle not registered in Darien.
- Check made payable to the Town of Darien.
- If you have a refuse hauler you must show proof (cancelled check or recent invoice) if applicable.
- Stamped self-addressed envelope (if mailed).
- If you own property in Darien but do not reside here you must prove ownership (a copy of your Darien Property Tax, Mortgage, or utility bill).
Purchase your Darien Recycling & Refuse Permit online:
Are for Existing Customers ONLY who have purchased a Dump Sticker Permit in the past and who’s vehicle is already on file with the Department of Public Works. The 2014-15 permits are now for sale they can be renewed by mail, online or at the DPW Office. The Residential Recycling Permits expire yearly on June 30th. Please call 203-656-7346 if you have any questions or need assistance with your online purchase, during regular business hours.